Thursday, December 29, 2016

I am too good

Yes, it's true!  (Disclaimer: This is a self-appreciation post!)

Many times, I get this feeling that I am indeed too good. I am not exaggerating, maybe I 'm biased or just not met enough people out there. You know, right now I am feeling where should I start from :P my list of goodness is too long :D One of my labmate (Ravi) keeps me saying often, aap itna sab kaise kar lete ho (How come you do all this), my guide says, I'm blessed and my friends say, I m stud. Acknowledging all the sweet compliments, I think it starts from my childhood. (Now one can get a feel, I'm talking like a celebrity). 
Right from my school, I was a multi-tasking person. I never kind of focused only on one thing. It doesn't mean I did things with half-heart. Problem was I always wanted to do all the things liking acing it. The first competition of any kind that I participated in was a Banana race, in fourth standard :P. You know its like how they tie your hand and you got to run for 100 meters then eat a banana with your mouth and come back 100 meters to the finishing line. I won first prize. Maybe it was just for the banana :P and there it was, the count of my participation and winning was endless, I have over 70 certificates from various competitions that used to be in schools viz. debating, sports, cultural, quizzes, writing, science congresses whatnot. You name it. See I don't want to sound like I'm boasting but I'm telling the truth. I remember my mom used to say, when after the annual day prize distributions, when I used to get down from the school bus how my hands used to be filled with prizes, medals, and trophies and how neighbor aunties used to praise about me to my mom, sonu ne to pure school ka prize hi jeet aayi hai (Seems sonu has won prizes of everybody). The pace slowed down a little ater my 12th standard. But it never stopped. Even during college, I participated in debating, cultural etc. After coming to IIT Kgp I felt I am at the right place and at the right time. This place is filled with opportunities. If someone is motivated and enthusiast, he/she can become a Sundar Pichai or Kejriwal (sorry about that :P). Oh, by the way, Sundar Pichai is coming to the campus on January 5th. 
Likewise, I used this place and the opportunity showered to me by God to make full justice. I participated again in all the things possible. It helped me make lots of friends, stay fit, evolve more as a person and be confident. Not only I got good grades and be academically sound, but publish papers I also happened to grab some good internship opportunities, the latest being the Fulbright fellowship. But when I started to write this post, my orientation was a little different.  wanted to talk about me as a person, but couldn't stop to tell the whole story. 
Even as a person, I think I am not a person with ill intent or someone who is bad, like bad. I know it would be inappropriate to call/tag someone as bad because its about perspectives. Honestly telling, I think I have a good heart. I will never ever hurt someone intentionally or be mean enough to spoil someone's work or even say a bad word. Again, I feel its because of my upbringing and the whole credits for this goes to my parents and siblings. I know them being one of the nicest people on earth. Such sweet, adorable and kind people they are. I kind of inherited from them. So it is like a bonus, I am good otherwise too and with a good heart and mouth. So this makes me a wonderful person :P I feel like singing this song, My name is sheila, main khud se pyar jataun. I may sound narcissist. and yeah I am beautiful too :P 
Ab aur nahi bola jata :P 
By the way, just yesterday I won Gold in Mixed doubles and Gold in Women championship of Badminton. So, you see :P


2 comments:

dpirsm said...

keep up the goodness...share the same with others

Anonymous said...

https://scontent.fdel1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15826393_791361474361743_2631101956514806949_n.jpg?oh=b93ec4b1970aec6127df74da6becfe12&oe=58DAA1EE

Reflections of 2023