Wednesday, July 2, 2008

DOWN-TO-EARTH..


Its been a hesitant start to the summer,first those rains (gave me blues), then soaring temperatures,boring sultry holidays AND a wait that was only getting longer…

There’s nothing better than snatching a little relaxation time from life’s hectic schedule & getting that little bit close-to-nature
. Although ,in my case I had as such no “busy” schedule coz I was doing poor in those goddam holidays,squandering time, trying to make that obstacle succumb on 22nd june and scurried that very evening to a lovely place.

Sometimes life doesn’t go the way you want it & sometimes it goes you never thought of it like before.. Plans planned at random really works (atleast for me)..

After talking no. of times on phone..located him(bro) at station as I was coming directly from the exam center . boarded train at 7:25pm, bidding adieu to friends..i let myself explore the new world..

Next morning I was home.Soon I realized I am away, away from a maddening city bustling always..providing a brief relief to those deft fingers maneuvering left-right,up-down arrows on the keyboard..a break to my lungs which m sure must have got pissed-off inhaling daily polluted air..a break to my eyes which must have got habitual of only seeing the fruits of technology everywhere..n then sensing those large inquisitive eyes at me eager to find out who the new guest was, minutes later I was at ease with my little cute cousins..Garima,Nitin(Mr. Default), Amit,Rahul,Kavi(shy girl),Jhanvi,Utkarsh,Nisha,Nidhi..love you guys!

It was warm but pleasantly sunny, while it was peaceful too..pure and fresh air,unsophisticated lifestyle, greenery all around(this greenery was different from one that is here..this seems so out-of-reach here..as if planted only to look n appraise..but there I cud actually feel it,), Neem,Lemon,Mango,Jamun tree(Sygium cumini OR Myrtus cumini OR Eugenia jambolanum) :P whatever..view was just riveting to eyes.

I used to wake up just at the crack of dawn (almost 5 or so) [nvr done that here except on exam days] n sleeping as early as 10:00pm..hmm..i refuse all that comfort [not permanently;)] that I get here than lying supined on bed on the terrace adoring millions of brrrightly shining stars..(sometimes even foolishly trying count ‘em) I don’t find such stars here :(


Ambling across fields (farms) touching leaves of sugarcane (Saccharum officinarum) :P , casting pebbles at Mango tree sometimes even plucking one while getting on it.. simply soothing to mind!
it rained once there.. i never kind of enjoyed “rain” due to following reasons:

a) may be coz I have this phobia of the aftermaths of rain on clothes, n that weird feeling when you are drenched in water;
b) OR may be; out of romanticism that people when in "love" enjoy being in rain..phew!
c) OR shayad coz there is so much air pollution here so probably was worried of the effect of rain+ HNO3 + H2SO4 + other harmful pollutants that may come down along with rain on the skin..
d) Miscelleaneous ;)


BUT I had a great experience being in open while its raining n I ll consider trying it again here (probably)

I thank my uncle for sharing such beautiful yet knowledgeable incidences of life,facts behind Ram mandir dispute,about mumtaz’s tomb, hybrid seeds n many more..i thank my bro without whom I would have not been able to write all this had he not made that random plan to go there.

But most important n exciting was the presence of HIM. He, who won my heart. I now truly believe how one could fall in love- at- first- sight. His spiky hairs,that lean but healthy body,occasionally giving me those killing looks..ah! take me back!! His every move made my heart beat faster n louder, just felt like cuddling everytime I saw him . He was a "baby buffalo" :P you \m/

I was all stultified here when those 7 days suffused into my life. I find myself lucky to have it.Cops dint allow me to enter the premises due to security reasons but shall visit next time the ram-janam-bhoomi :) I am back in the bustling city n all rejuvenated. Ready to work hard n party harder ;) amen!!

6 comments:

Aseem Rambani said...

its absolutely mesmerizing.

simply stunning..i hope you agree with me :)

paulomi said...

oho....gaane dey kheeta beech gutar gu hahahahaahah

Geetanjali Yadav said...

@ aseem
completely agreed! :)

@ paulomi
hehe..yep,total funnn!! ;)

breakfast of champion said...

must be buccolic nai

Unknown said...

good this one was quite different..

Geetanjali Yadav said...

yep! thanks :)

Reflections of 2023