Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Happy Durga Puja

So it's that time of the year! Durga Puja or PujO with the O as Bengalis call it.
I am in Kharagpur these days enjoying my solitude and private time. It's that time of the year when literally the Kharagpur, (with Kharagpur, I mean IIT Kharagpur) go barren, it's empty. The roads are lonesome, the shops are closed and the population is scarce. It's that time of the year when everybody goes home because It'd Pujo time and we are blessed to unofficially have official holidays. Nobody's mind. But I planned to stay back here. Why? Umm..several reasons. 

  1. First, I have just come back from home like last week. 
  2. Second I have a TOEFL exam on Sunday. 
  3. Third, I have a major presentation to give on next Wednesday, and
  4.  Fourth, I wanted to take a break.
These days, my routine is to get up (after having a sweet eight-hour sleep), make breakfast with Masala Tea (Post my UK trip, I love cooking and eating that), read or prepare for TOEFL and go for running in the evening followed by exercise, later prepare dinner, again read something, watch some series/movies and go back to helipad.

It is such a beautiful day today. Sun shining bright yet low not causing heat. It's making the entire day bright and beautiful. Staying especially in the room of my hostel, with a balcony facing me and I could look outside the green pastures outside, with periodic sound of Pujo music and Maa Durga Sangeet, this whole set-up is so enticing. Filling me with positivism and motivation. 

One more thing, sometimes you should accept the way things are. It may be difficult, really difficult. I understand. But you got to be strong for I believe whatever happens, it is for a good reason in the long run. For the time being, you need to surround yourself with good people and your family. Time heals everything and gives you number of ways to start it over again. What is most important: Stay motivated, love your work, have an aim and respect your family. Everything will be good then.

Happy Dusshera!
May this Dusshera light up for you,
the hopes of happy times and dreams for a year full of smiles :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like someone said :
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

Keep Smiling :)

Regards
Well Wisher :)

Reflections of 2023