Sunday, April 5, 2015

'Carrie' me along


I love Carrie Bradshaw from “sex and the city”.
She is the woman of substance. I hope her; Sarah Jessica Parker, in real life too is same as my Carrie. I love her lifestyle, her lucid writings, her dressing sense, her way of dealing things, no matter how stupid they were. I love the way she used to come to a conclusion, the storytelling she used to do was brilliant. She’s got some amazing friends which I truly admire, for they are genuine people. When I see them, it feels I’m one of them. I know one person she truly loved was Mr. Big. He liked her too but I don’t know what his problem was. May be he was commitment phobic. Now-a-days everyone is. In a way it is good, making no commitment is better than a fake commitment. I love the Manhattan streets, it feels I have already done a visual course through the series many times, but I would love to go there sometime, sit in the same Chinese restaurant or the same breakfast joint where these ladies used to go. Hope they are all the same. It was her Birthday on 26th March, and mine a day later, feels good to know about that too.
Quoting a dialogue by Carrie:
"The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them and others you don’t, but in the end they’re the people you always come home to. Sometimes it’s the family you’re born into. And sometimes it’s the one you make for yourself."

No comments:

Reflections of 2023