Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Researching life

I have this stupid "Writing and Communication workshop" tommorow and I am supposed to give a powerpoint presentation in an area quite, nah..absolutely new to me and its half past midnight and in the midst of preparing the slides what I can be caught doing is reading old friends blogs and having a strong urge to write one. So here I go...

This is the age when we (all those of my age) have almost finished our studies and have started our new venture of life. Few like me can still ,I would say Enjoy the student life,by being the Research Scholars riding the same old bycycle,sipping the same chai in a tea-stall and enjoying the simplicity of the complicated life.

I was reading a friends post how he was describing his never-ending love for his dear friends and family and some realities of life. Really,its the time when we are cherishing friendship,cherishing life, the moments spent with our near and dear friends. Life has taken us to completely far-off geographical regions in the company of linguistically and culturally different people, some in abroad and some in different states of their own country. Indeed its those memories, which are keeping us alive,its those people who are making you smile and its those people you are so sure to feel good to talk to. Those are your friends and family.There is one more category of people which we dont talk to because somehow our communication was stopped but we still think about them in our minds only to feel good and at the same time bad about it for now you dont know whether that person is still the same or not?

We think a lot sometimes...There's no machine so far developed by which you can know what goes in other person's mind. Why do we hesitate so much? Why do we think so much? Why dont we say truth sometimes? Why dont we express our thoughts sometimes? Because of which we suffer sometimes..

If you ever need a friend,I will be there.
These were the last words..Are you still my friend?
Can I ever know its answer?


Still..Life goes on :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Philosophical questions are better answered philosophically and I could not resist writing the answers :)

Why do we hesitate so much? – If you toss a coin and call head but it is otherwise you try again...but if it is as per your call you don’t.
It’s the wrong question “to do or not to do” (whether to toss the coin or not) makes one hesitate they would not if they follow Shakespeare’s question “to be or not to be” (Head or Tail, just one call). Follow Mr. Shakespeare’s philosophy and get yourself braded an arrogant idiot....:D.
Some doses of Tagore’s, “where the mind is without fear” can also help...but who the hell have the time to read them??

Why dont we say truth sometimes? - a) who the hell wants to hear the truth if lie is what makes one happy b) Ironically when someone say a lie...he is actually telling a truth about himself :D

Why dont we express our thoughts sometimes? - You should have a listener to listen to thoughts right?
Because of which we suffer sometimes - we do even if they are expressed and on top of it if they are god damn honest :D

Are you still my friend? - This needs a polygraph test. I heard sach ka samna 2 starting send them all in :P

Still..Life goes on :) - it does not go on...it’s that we simply age :D

MS

Anonymous said...

Some questions are better left unanswered and sometimes these unsaid things matters a lot.

A book which you embrace in your hard times is a better friend than the one which comes on your b'day celebrations only. Thousands will walk with you in good times, very few will wait till the dark. Time can answer it better, than a simple yes.

Geetanjali Yadav said...

@Mukul : Thanks for the philosophical writing :P

While putting up all the questions,I only meant to question my inner self which is sometimes very scared for asking some particular things to particular person. Though,it may not be true otherwise, because at the other hand people call me bold for not fearing anything in asking or doing..I wonder sometimes, Am I really bold? ..

O god! again a question!!! Excuse me :P

Geetanjali Yadav said...

@ Aseem: Really?

These unsaid things matters a lot...I know.

But,still Dil hai ki manta nahi :P
Sorry,I couldn't think of a better line.

Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan said...

Nice post... Loved the first para "stupid workshop (ha ha...) versus urge for blogging" - these tussles happen with many, many a times. I found the following words terribly powerful -
'If you ever need a friend,I will be there. These were the last words.'
I think it would have been better to end the piece with these words.

Geetanjali Yadav said...

@ Hippu Bhaiya: Thanks bhaiya for the suggestion.

Dont know had so many questions, so couldn't just stop there :)

Reflections of 2023