Sunday, August 9, 2015

From the archives

So careless and laid back I am. As I was scrolling down through the memory of my past adventures and fun trips, I could remember my trip to London. So, It was my first international trip therefore I was excited. I was going with a friend for a summer school in UK. Our flight was at 6:30 in the morning, so we called a taxi at 3:30 am as it used to take just an hour from our hostel to the Bangalore airport. Since we had to do the immigration and all, so we kept 2 hours for all that. As my close ones would know me, I don't do things initially but you will find me running unto everything at the eleventh hour. So the other friend had packed everything, talked to everyone and done all the things that one needs to do a day before. And here I was , till 1:30 am of that morning, packing my stuffs, forget about talking to anyone.  I slept at 2 am, planning to get up maximum by 3 so that in half n hour I would take bath and get ready before my taxi arrives.
I asked my friend to call me at 3 am, so that in worst case, if my alarm clock fails to wake me up, her call would definitely do that. I asked her to give me a ring and instead ring the door bell of my room , even though her room was just two rooms away from my room. The pact was if I disconnect her call, it will be a signal to her that I have woken up.

So, the clock ticked 3. As I had slept for just an hour.  I am quite famous to have a 8 hour long sleep), so my alarm failed to wake me. My friend called me and in the pleasures of my "deep sleep" I disconnected her call without realizing it. In parallel, my friend took a head bath, straightened her hair and had breakfast that she cooked and sipped coffee . It was 3:30 and the cab arrived. I was still sleeping. :-|

At 3:40 am, my door bell rang, I did not answer. After 3-4 times, I heard something and woke up. After 4-5 seconds I realized what I am into. I opened the door, saw her all decked up..and I could only say, Shit, Shit..shitshitshitshit..shiiiiiit innumerable times. My friend and others who had come to see us off got worried. I still had some packing left for some small-small things. Thanks to my friends, they picked up everything from everywhere and just buried in my bag. I could not do much. Just brushed my teeth, don a t-shirt and started for airport. Very little time was left, so we asked the driver to scurry. Thanks heavens, we could catch the flight.
Phew!

P.S: My hard drive crashed, so the 2500 pics I had of that trip, went by that too. Sad moment. :(

No comments:

Reflections of 2023