Monday, August 31, 2015

Fish-Feeding Experiment

When I look back and try to connect the dots in the journey of my life so far, I kind of find several links. In the past, if something happened with me, it was for some reason. It always had some purpose and continue to do so. I remember when I first came to KGP for a short duration, I wished to be a part of this campus and then just an year later, I took admission in IIT KGP for my M.Tech. Earlier, in all my initial blog posts I used to crib about not being mature , and now, I think thoda-bohot mature to hum bhi ho gaye hain. (I have also matured a little-bit).

But this is too much. I remember putting a fish tank in my Blog page (I think you can see it even now at the right hand side) 2-3 years back. If you click inside the tank anywhere, all the fish would come towards that point as if that is their feed and whenever you move the cursor to other places, the fishes would move too.

The Last objective of my PhD, I have to do the same experiment. I have to really feed the fishes with CO2 sequestered microalgal-based feed. This is nothing but a sign I consider God had already signaled me but I never realized before. May be many others are still underway.


P.S. I am excited to set up an aquarium tank in the lab, it would be so cool! :)

2 comments:

Janak Kumar Yadav said...

I liked doing this experiment too when I entered the blog-o-sphere with my blogspot blog. This tiny little widget surely created an aquarium on my blog's template UI. But with time, the craving of feeding those fishes did not pass away very easily. Thus as a result, a small aquarium landed onto the table in my room. And believe me, It's always fun to feed them and watch their reactions while feeding. Gassp, looks like I am already doing the experiment you are intended to do. :-D

Geetanjali Yadav said...

Oh cool! I m gonna start it from next month. Still growing the algal biomass (aka fish food) in the lab.

Reflections of 2023