Sunday, December 13, 2009

How I missed my train...


It's been over four months since my last detailed post. Life as I knew it has changed dramatically. I do get computer time, in fact all the time in here I haven't been blogging at all. I'm still not writing it off or anything, in fact, there have been many things I've thought about posting about. It just never seems to materialize.
I had booked my seat in Puri New Delhi Express for 10th Dec in the month of November only. Going home after so many days and after successfully completing the first semester was a reason to be excited. Our exams got over on 26th November Everybody was going home daily.. Well, I could have left on 27th Nov only but I decided to go on 10th Dec because of friends (:P), Grades that were scheduled to out on 5th Dec and project allotment thereafter.

The day came eventually, that evening of 10th I can not just forget. I was happy and excited, to the degree that when my friend told the train is late for 11 hours I dint listen to him. Though I wasn’t wrong on my part because in one of the website which I tried to look for train timings it was showing me it to be late by 1.5 hours and frankly telling I never knew trains can get late by 11 hours. :O
So, I bid adieu to everyone and left for railway station. I remember, when I was half way through I was praying to God that the news about train delay must turn out as false because I had to answer my friend... but when I enquired at the counter, it was indeed late for good damn 12 hours. Holy shit! Now that meant, I had to then board the train at 6 in the morning. Came back to hostel with a low face. Next morning, was finally the day to go home. So I put my phone alarm to 3:20 am so as to get ready by 4 to leave for railway station.


But ..."The alarm didn't go off!" Damnnn...what to do now? I yelled as I flung the covers off and flew out of bed. It was 10 minutes to 6 in the morning and I had to be at the station by 6. Frantically brushing teeths grabbed the luggage and ran out of the door to the main gate. Immediately Called up friend and both of us just ran to railway station. I remember, how in rickshaw I was praying to my God....Reached station, platform no.6..... when asked a tea stall owner, bloody crackpot told the train has yet not arrived... took a deep relief and I turned bubbly , but when on the second time, asked another tea stall man, he told my train had JUST left kharagpur.. I must have looked so funny fumbling around trying to catch the already-left train. I literally broke into tears..the moment was awful, dint wanted to go back to the campus again 2nd time or for that matter at all, since I was all so ready to go home. Cried a lot...and was angry at myself for not telling anyone to wake me up at that time.

As they say, everything happens for something good. Let’s take the good thing out of this episode and be careful the next time :)

But why it happened , I will reach home AFTER 3 days now :( :( :(

2 comments:

Sachin said...

Cool.. and who was this 'friend'?? ;)

Geetanjali Yadav said...

you..chal ab bhao mat eat kar :P

Reflections of 2023